Here is a video of the drama ** to come
Luckily the kite was not damaged.
Contributing factors to this mishap were:
- Haven't kited for a while (rusty)
- In a hurry to launch
- Didn't double check the lines and rigging
- Launching with the kite towards land (much safer to launch with it over water)
- Launching into the sun (couldn't see the lines)
- Narrow beach, not much room (may beaches along the Bay aee eroding due to sea level changes).
I assumed that there was a small hole in the bladder from the first crash, but I pumped up the kite later at home and it was fine. So I didn't tighten the valve properly (In a hurry to launch).
The wind dropped a bit so I switched to my 10m kite and had an enjoyable session in the waves and was feeling much better for it.
I used a chest harness for the Gopro. It works well and the camera is easy to adjust and turn on and off.