Details of the accident have not been confirmed, but it appears that after a lull strong frontal winds lofted the kiter onto land. First aid was provided. The death has been referred to the Coroner for investigation.
Great care must be taken when kitesurfing during storms and/or in frontal winds.
You can donate to Marc's family using the information provided [here]
- Very serious accident phone box cott - Kitesurfing - Seabreeze Forums
- Coldshot Donations - Kitesurfing - Seabreeze Forums
- Kite-surfer dies in freak accident at WA's Cottesloe Beach - ABC News
- Kitesurfer killed in freak accident - The West Australian
- Kitesurfer killed in freak WA accident - Ninemsn news
- Kitesurfer killed in windy weather (video)
- Kitesurfing storm fronts - Kitesurfing Handbook