Update 22/7: I advised the Water Police that a Seabreeze user had seen the kiter on the shore and got this feedback from them:
- They eventually managed to establish that the kitesurfer made it in and called off the search.
- They do get a few of these jobs and activate all assets straight away whilst establishing the safety/whereabouts of the missing person.
- They often get people telling them they saw the MP make it in but until they have confirmation or are confident of witness evidence then they continue to search.
- Their job would be MUCH easier if the kitesurfer involved or someone else rang triple 0 to let them know he/she was OK.
- Kite surfer missing in bayside Melbourne, The Age
- Search called off for kite surfer after board found in water off Brighton - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
- Kite surfer missing off Brighton Beach false alarm, news.com.au
- Search for kite surfer called off, Victoria Police News :