Friday 20 January 2006
I visited SHQ and got some replacement lines. They did not have the exact Crossbow replacement lines, but they did have 25m Cabrinha lines of equal length but different colour coding. However, they were about 5cm shorter than the existing lines, so I bought a complete new set (for about $200) and have kept the original two front lines as spares.
Ivan (of SHQ) fitted the lines outside the shop, which involved changing the attachment method for the front lines. We got rid of the "quick release" fitting that nobody uses and simplified the attachment. Then the lines were fine tuned for length.
Both rear lines are equal length - test with all for lines under tension and the bar being even. The rear lines are slightly shorter than the front lines.
Check the front lines for equal length by holding the together then stepping forward - both should sag evenly.
This is an online blog journal of all my kitesurfing activities. I blog and log every kitesurfing session and provide information on skills progression, gear, weather and locations. I am based in Melbourne, Australia where we are blessed with good winds and some wonderful kitesurfing. I also take kitecam photos and video. I also record many sessions with a GPS.
Saturday, January 21, 2006
New lines fitted
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment