- Keeping the board flat on the water makes it easier to handle.
- When body dragging (out) have the kite on one side and the board on the other (so you don't get yanked onto it).
- If you are crashing bail off the board to get clear of it.
- Don't kick under the water near the board - you might hit sharp edges of the foil mast or the foil itself
- Wear booties
- Wear a helmet
- Wear a steamer wetsuit to provide some all-body protection (a nuisance in summer!)
- Keep at it! This summer I am going to get up and going.