There was a nice 20 knot sea breeze on late in the day. Launched at Port Melbourne, far from the madding crowds. Two tacks on the Sector 60 and I was past the pier, one more tack could have got me to St Kilda! I think I could have even got to Elwood. Still amazed at the upwind capability of this board.
- Need to turn the board to get around, particulary on the weaker side (left for me)
- I consolidate my riding toeside after the turn, then bring my rear foot forward, and can now ride with it placed there.
- I am paying attention to keeping pressure on the new front foot, then bringing the other foot back.
- Relax if the feet are not in the foot straps. Get comfortable and then slot them in later.
- Loosening the front foot before the turn helps get it out later (this is essential).
- Feel for the balance point
- Commit to moving the forward foot back.
- I think I could get the foot switch happening earlier
- The kite sometimes comes down too low when around on toeside