|Jet-ski riders come close to the no-go zone at Port Melbourne after an accident at the same beach on Friday night. Photo: Rebecca Hallas|
This tragedy and will certainly have repercussions for policing with respect to regulations for water craft 200m from shore and in proximity of swimmers. There are even calls for Jetskis to be banned on Port Phillip Bay, as they have been on Sydney Harbour.
- Man dies after jet ski incident, Victoria Police Online News Centre
- Jet-ski victim unlikely to survive, The Age
- Metres from deadly crash: jet-ski fears heighten, The Age
- Man's death sparks calls for jet ski hoon laws, ABC News
- Swimmer's jet ski death prompts calls for tests, insurance regulation, Herald Sun