I consolidated my skills and feel confident in most wind conditions. I did my first backroll and boosted my highest jump.
Some highlights have been writing the Kitesurfing Handbook, our trips to Inverloch, some nice downwinder tours and some surprisingly good sessions at Brighton over winter.
My list for 2012:
- my surf riding has slipped a bit, I will aim to get in more surf sessions
- Gybe a board
- I intend to try the Sector 60 race board for some downwinders
- I am still contemplating the first powered kiteloop. Watching some videos of people breaking ribs smacking into the water attempting kiteloops is not too inspiring.
- Another trip to Port Douglas in the winter would be great too.
- My daughter Chloe tells me I want to kitesurf across Bass Straight. I would like to, but its a serious undertaking.
- I am keen to finally get a session at Cape Patterson - and possibly do the downwinder from there to Inverloch.
- I am also keen to tackle some big downwinders along the 90 mile beach.
All the best for the New Year and your 2012 kitesurfing.